We all know that you shouldn’t sit out in the sun for too long. But what happens if you leave your phone out on a hot summers day? Just like you, your phone has a tolerance for heat, and it has to be protected from extreme temperature conditions to function optimally.
If you forget your phone on a table in the burning sun or leave it sitting on the dash in a hot car, it will eventually overheat and start to bake. This can cause a whole number of problems, from battery issues to even data loss. But that’s not all. Here are 5 reasons why you should never leave your phone in the sun.
The Touchscreen will Stop Working
Your phone is made of metal and glass – two materials that absorb heat very quickly and can reach scolding hot temperatures. So if your phone is left sitting out in the blazing sun, the glass touchscreen will quickly overheat and start to act up. You can experience anything from small glitches to freezing features and even total malfunction if you don’t place it in the shade immediately.
Complete Shut Down
Once your phone reaches temperatures over 95 degrees, it will start to shut down. Fortunately, some phones, like the iPhone, come with built-in sensors that will notify you if your phone is overheating. So if you catch the warning message, make sure to take your phone out of the heat before it shuts itself down.
Battery Loses its Charge
In the short term, sun exposure can cause the battery to lose its charge very quickly. And if the phone is left in the sun for a longer period of time, it puts even more strain on the battery. If you’re not careful, the battery can actually lose its ability to charge, leaving you without a working phone.
Data Loss and Corruption
Another reason you should never leave your phone in the sun is that it can cause internal damage beyond repair. Exposure to excessive heat can cause a number of issues like data loss, motherboard failure, and even internal corruption to your files.
Battery Leaks or Catches Fire
While rare, it’s also possible for your phone’s battery to start to leak if you keep it out in the sun for too long. And if it doesn’t cool down, the phone can even catch fire, causing more damage than it’s worth.
If you happen to be experiencing problems with your phone because you left it out in the sun, it may be time to get it looked at by a professional. At Mobile Klinik, our company can repair your phone, and in the case that it has experienced internal damage, we can help you find a new refurbished one from our store. Come to visit us today!