We take our smartphones everywhere we go, and we store inside them all the vital information and personal data needed to enjoy modern life. Now more than ever, it’s important to keep our smartphones safe from threats – malicious, environmental or accidental – both inside and out.
Think of everything you store on your phone – private data, credit card and mobile banking information, contacts, cherished photos and much more. Are you confident that your device is secure from intrusion, malicious or otherwise? Consider the following security tips:
- Enable a passcode or fingerprint sensor in order to access your device. Apple iPhones have a feature that erases all data after ten failed attempts to access the device via passcodes. You can enable a similar feature on Android via a third-party app
- Take advantage of built-in hardware encryption. On iOS and Android devices alike, you can set your device to be fully encrypted unless the correct PIN/passcode is entered
- For optimum security, do not use autocomplete forms and disable the option to remember passwords on apps and in the browser
- Back up your data to the Cloud or even on a USB stick or alternate device, stored elsewhere. If anything goes wrong with the operating system or hardware, all your data will be safe
- Turn off communications when not in use. Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, location services, and cellular services can provide a route for unwanted parties to access your phone. As an added bonus, you will save smartphone battery and optimize performance by disabling these features until you need them
- Only download apps from known vendors and keep an eye out for imitators attempting to phish information, like credit card numbers. When installing an app, check the permissions/requests from apps and disable anything you are uncomfortable with
It’s just as important to protect the outside of your device as the inside. We carry our phones with us everywhere, knowing they are fragile, expensive devices with sensitive electronic components. We need to take care of them. No matter how many precautions you take, once in a while things go wrong – you accidentally drop the phone and the screen cracks, or your child pulls the headphones out of the jack just one too many times… In these events, a cellphone case can protect your mobile phone from damage. Ruggedness and style can go hand in hand.
At Mobile Klinik, we are proud to exclusively offer Case Station to create personalized, custom cases made in-store in just minutes. Got a favourite Facebook bff shot or one with the boys that brings back memories? Always looking at your dog pics in your Instagram feed? Come into a Mobile Klinik and we’ll help you select the best photo — or photo collage — and show you a mockup before you buy. Once you’re ready, you can upload your pictures directly from your smartphone onto a protective case or choose from our extensive design gallery to create a unique custom case that wows and protects.
When it comes to protecting your data, backing up your smartphone or buying accessories to keep your phone safe from damage, Mobile Klinik has everything you need. In the event that your phone does need repair, our qualified technicians use state-of-the-art diagnostic tools and quality parts to repair your device and get it working again – while you wait. We are Canada’s preferred choice for smartphone repair, and all of our repair services are backed by a lifetime warranty on all parts and labour. Drop in anytime!