Preparing your Android device for mail-in repair
Please go to SETTINGS on your Android device and follow the steps for your particular device to remove/disable your passcode, PIN, fingerprint or pattern
Remove Google Lock (FRP) using the Phone
Note: The directions below should apply no matter who made your Android phone: Samsung, Google, Huawei, LG, etc.
When removing a Gmail account from a phone, always use the Accounts menu and not the Google menu.
- Navigate to Settings > Accounts
- Depending on the model of your Android Device, and the version of Android that it has installed, you may have an Accounts & Sync menu instead, but it’s essentially the same thing.
- If you have multiple Gmail accounts, you will need to remove all from the list.
- With the Accounts menu open, your Android will present you with a list of installed apps that have accounts tied to your device.
- Tap on Google
- Open the overflow menu. The icon for this menu looks like three vertically stacked dots. This menu includes a remove account option, which you will need to select.
You may encounter problems Removing a Google Account on an Android Phone. While these instructions work for the vast majority of Android phones, you may run into a handful of different problems. The most common is that when you get to step 2(d), you may not see an overflow menu button on your screen.
If you don’t see the overflow menu, which looks like three vertically stacked dots, you may still be able to access it. Look at your Android for a physical or virtual button that looks like three vertically stacked lines.
If you have a button like that, press it when you get to step three. That should open up the overflow menu, which will allow you to remove your Gmail account.
If you are having problems removing a Google Account from an Android Phone - You can remove the device from your account. To remove devices from your account:
- Use your Laptop or Computer browser to go to myaccount.google.com.
- In the "Sign-in & security" section, touch Device activity & notification.
- In the "Recently used devices" section, touch Review devices.
- Touch the device you want to remove > Remove.
We recommend that you back up your data to your computer, google account or on a USB drive if you want to keep it and reload it back on your phone once it has been repaired. In addition, in the case of a repair there is always a slight chance of content being erased or lost during the repair process. If the device has no power or content cannot be removed prior to sending it in for repair, Mobile Klinik will accept the repair but is not responsible or liable for the data on the device (see terms & conditions).
For information and instructions on how to back-up your data and content on your android device you can find many references online such as: https://support.google.com/android/answer/2819582?hl=en
Factory Reset Instructions:
- Open your phone's Settings app.
- Tap System and then Reset.
- Tap Factory data reset and then Reset phone. If needed, enter your PIN, pattern, or password.
- To erase all data from your phone's internal storage, tap Erase everything. When your phone has finished erasing, it will restart to the ‘Welcome Screen’
All Phones come with SIM card slots, these are located on the sides, top or underneath the battery of the device. A SIM (subscriber identity module) card is how your carrier provides all the information your device needs to get on their network and access the voice and data services linked to your account.
All you need in order to remove the SIM card in your Phone is a SIM card remover tool or a small, bent paper clip.
If you're using a paper clip, straighten the long end until it projects out. If you're using something else, like the tip of a small screwdriver, just make sure it fits into the SIM ejector slot. You don't want to mangle your device.
- Gently insert the small paperclip you bent earlier into the small pinhole opening in the SIM tray.
- Apply a small amount of pressure until the SIM tray pops out of the phone. Don't apply pressure at an angle, only in the direction of the pin hole.
- Grab hold of the SIM tray and pull straight out.
- Take the SIM card out, if active it can go in another phone. If inactive, we recommend cutting or destroying the card before discarding it.
- Return the SIM tray to the device.
Some Phones come with SD card slots, these are located on the sides or top of the device. In some cases, the SD Card tray is attached to the SIM card tray.
All you need in order to remove the SD card in your Phone is a SIM card remover tool or a small, bent paper clip.
If you're using a paper clip, straighten the long end until it projects out. If you're using something else, like the tip of a small screwdriver, just make sure it fits into the SD ejector slot. You don't want to mangle your device.
- Gently insert the small paperclip you bent earlier into the small pinhole opening in the SD tray.
- Apply a small amount of pressure until the SD tray pops out of the phone. Don't apply pressure at an angle, only in the direction of the pin hole.
- Grab hold of the SD tray and pull straight out.
- Take the SD card out, you will want to keep this as it may contain photos and videos from your device.
- Return the SD tray to the device.
Please use the waybill which was sent to you to send us your device for repair. You can either call to schedule a courier pick-up or drop the phone off at the courier depot.
- Do not send us any accessories with your device. Please remove cases. Screen protectors can be left in place, but we may not be able to replace them for free if the screen must be replaced. We do not need charge cables, so please do not include them.
- Once your device has is ready to go, passwords are removed, SIM and SD cards removed, content has been removed and the device is factory reset we would ask that you please clean the device for our employee’s protection.
- Safely clean your device using a 70 percent isopropyl alcohol wipe or Clorox Disinfecting Wipes. You may gently wipe the exterior surfaces of your device. Don't use bleach. Avoid getting moisture in any openings, and don't submerge your phone in any cleaning agents.
To ensure the safe arrival of your device please wrap it in bubble wrap or in a bubble wrap envelope and then place it inside a box packed for shipping. The more protection the better as these devices are very fragile. A padded envelope will not suffice and Mobile Klinik will not be responsible for devices damaged in transit.