Preparing your Apple device for mail-in repair
- For iPhone X, XR, XS, XS Max, navigate: Settings > Face ID & Passcode.
- For iPhone 8, 8+, 7, 7+, 6s, 6s+, 6, 6+, 5s, SE, navigate: Settings > Face ID & Passcode.
- For the iPhone 4, 4s, 5, or 5c, navigate: Settings > Passcode.
- Enter your passcode then tap Turn Passcode Off. When the passcode is turned off, Face ID or Touch ID is disabled.
- Tap Turn off, to confirm. If prompted, enter the Apple ID password.
First, make sure any passwords are removed (see remove passcodes). Note: When passcode is turned off, Touch ID is disabled.
- If you paired an Apple Watch with your iPhone, unpair your Apple Watch.
- Back up your device.
- Sign out of iCloud and the iTunes & App Store.
- If you're using iOS 10.3 or later, tap Settings > [your name]. Scroll down and tap Sign Out. Enter your Apple ID password and tap Turn Off.
- If you're using iOS 10.2 or earlier, tap Settings > iCloud > Sign Out. Tap Sign Out again, then tap Delete from My [device] and enter your Apple ID password. Then go to Settings > iTunes & App Store > Apple ID > Sign Out.
- Start by going to iCloud.com.
- Sign into the site with your Apple ID.
- In the top right corner, click on your name and then on account settings.
- Under the “My Devices” section, click on the device you are sending in for repair.
- Click the “x” to remove the phone from iCloud
- Click remove again to confirm.
- Once the device has been deleted, click on Remove from Account.
We recommend that you back up your data to your computer, the cloud or on a USB drive if you want to keep it and reload it back on your phone once it has been repaired. In addition, in the case of a repair there is always a slight chance of content being erased or lost during the repair process. If the device has no power or content cannot be removed prior to sending it in for repair, Mobile Klinik will accept the repair but is not responsible or liable for the data on the device (see terms & conditions).
For information and directions on how to back-up your content and data please visit the Apple website.
Factory Reset Instructions:
- Launch the Settings app from the Home screen of your iPhone or iPad.
- Now tap on General.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap on Reset.
- Tap on Erase All Content and Settings.
- Tap on Erase Now.
- Enter your Passcode
All Phones come with SIM card slots, these are located on the sides, top or underneath the battery of the device. A SIM (subscriber identity module) card is how your carrier provides all the information your device needs to get on their network and access the voice and data services linked to your account.
All you need in order to remove the SIM card in your Phone is a SIM card remover tool or a small, bent paper clip.
If you're using a paper clip, straighten the long end until it projects out. If you're using something else, like the tip of a small screwdriver, just make sure it fits into the SIM ejector slot. You don't want to mangle your device.
- Gently insert the small paperclip you bent earlier into the small pinhole opening in the SIM tray.
- Apply a small amount of pressure until the SIM tray pops out of the phone. Don't apply pressure at an angle, only in the direction of the pin hole.
- Grab hold of the SIM tray and pull straight out.
- Take the SIM card out, if active it can go in another phone. If inactive, we recommend cutting or destroying the card before discarding it.
- Return the SIM tray to the device.
Please use the waybill which was sent to you to send us your device for repair. You can either call to schedule a courier pick-up or drop the phone off at the courier depot.
- Do not send us any accessories with your device. Please remove cases. Screen protectors can be left in place. We do not need charge cables, so please do not include them.
- Once your device has is ready to go, passwords are removed, SIM and SD cards removed, content has been removed and the device is factory reset we would ask that you please clean the device for our employee’s protection.
- Safely clean your device using a 70 percent isopropyl alcohol wipe or Clorox Disinfecting Wipes. You may gently wipe the exterior surfaces of your device. Don't use bleach. Avoid getting moisture in any openings, and don't submerge your phone in any cleaning agents.
To ensure the safe arrival of your device please wrap it in bubble wrap or in a bubble wrap envelope and then place it inside a box packed for shipping. The more protection the better as these devices are very fragile. A padded envelope will not suffice and Mobile Klinik will not be responsible for devices damaged in transit.